Thomas Reuters analysts just projected the next round of drugs that they feel should be watched a the new blockbusters on the block in the coming year. The list has some sure things and perhaps some surprises. In order of liklihood and sales:
- Gilead's hepatitis C drug Sovaldi - a concensus pick I believe.
- GSK and Theravance's COPD drug Anora Ellipta.
- Gilead again with idelalisib versus B cell leukemias and lymphomas. Gotta get stock.
- Eli Lilly has two. Shocking enough I think given the recent past. GLP-1 drug, dulaglutide for diabetes and Cyranza for stomach cancer.
- Mannkind's Afrezza, inhaled insulin. This one has been struck down twice at FDA so may be wishful thinking despite recent panel recommendation. It will be challenging to sell I think.
See Fierce Biotech article.
Posted by Bruce Lehr April 17th 2014.