This from the LifeSci VC blog this morning. A post on the myths that persist in the popular conscience about biotech venture capital. Since they are characterized as "myths", then it follows that data shows them not to be true. Without further ado:
- Returns in Life Science venture investing lag other venture capital sectors.
- When biotech deals blow-up, they blow-up BIG.
- Biotech takes far longer from inception to "exit" than other sectors.
- The overall biotech venture capital funding environment is drying up.
- Early stage venture capital is even worse -- it's a "barren wasteland"
- Life Science VC's can't raise new funds.
Read the post for yourself for all the details. Suffice it to say that direct evidence or sources are cited where you can go to debunk the myths.
Posted by Bruce Lehr May 22nd 2013.