The analysts have lined up their projections for most likely drugs to hit it big, e.g. achieve blockbuster status, in 2013. Without further adieu, their picks:
- BiogenIdec, BG-12, multiple sclerosis
- J&J, canagliflozin (SGLT2 drug), diabetes
- Novo Nordisk, Tresiba (long-acting insulin), diabetes
- Novo Nordisk, liraglutide, obesity
- Gilead & AbbVie, hepatitis C
- Roche, T-DM1, breast cancer
- Roche, bitopertin, schizophrenia
- GSK, darapladib, heart disease
- GSK, MAGE-A3, cancer vaccine
There you have it. Place your bets for 2013. You won't have that long to wait to see how it shakes out. See Fierce Biotech.
Posted by Bruce Lehr Jan 15th 2013.