Fierce Biotech just published its 2012 Biotech Graveyard report - the 4th installment in the series chronicling the demise of biotech's for the year. This year's list is shorter than in year's past with only 5 companies that qualified (though several others as explained by Fierce could join them sooner rather than later). This year's Failed Five (wonder if they all went to Michigan?):
- Biolex Therapeutics - failed to earn a C (hepatitis that is)
- Genta - lost its long battle with cancer
- Halcyon Molecular - yes. the Halcyon Days are over with $100 genome
- Neurologix - could recover from shaky start (or finish) with Parkinson's
- Inspiration Biophamraceuticals - failed to inspire with Hemophilia
Let's send them out with a song.
Posted by Bruce Lehr Oct. 31st 2012.