This may be a bit mean, but I couldn't resist the temptation. Fierce Biotech published its second annual Biotech Graveyard list. The bad news, 8 companies went out of business without a buyer or money to forge onward. The good news, that represents a 50% decrease from the 16 companies who went under in 2009. Here is the 2010 Biotech Graveyard:
- Anesiva - South San Francisco - Feels no pain
- AutoImmune - Pasadena, CA - Self-liquidating!
- ConjuChem - Montreal, Canada - Au revoir mon ami!
- Hawaii Biotech - Alea, HI - Aloha
- Middlebrook Pharmaceuticals - Westlake, TX - No more middleman
- Neuropharm - United Kingdom - Keep stiff upper lip, Chaps!
- Vio Pharmaceuticals - New Haven, CT - Shoulda' had more insurance
- VitalMedix - Hudson, WI - Vital signs are very weak!
Posted by Bruce Lehr October 5th 2010